Check Your Texts
No one thinks they will have an affair. We don’t get married with a date circled on the calendar when we will break our marriage vows.
You know how most inappropriate relationships start? They start in a non-inappropriate way. Texting. Facebook. Social Media.
Here is the problem…people are always more bold and more courageous over text, Twitter and Facebook than they ever would be in person and lines get blurry very quickly.
We want to share some warning signs with you when it comes to texting.
It could be a red flag…
- When sending or receiving a text from a certain person causes an emotional reaction in your mind (only you will know this)
- When you or the person you are texting start exchanging emotions or personal feelings
- When you the person you are texting compliments you on a personal or physical level
- Any time you send or receive a text that you wouldn’t be able to read out loud to your spouse
- Anytime you send or receive a text that is flirtatious or sexual in nature
- Anytime you are texting someone more than you are texting your spouse
- When you share frustrations or unmet expectations with someone of the opposite sex about your own marriage
- When you send a text that compares that person with your spouse
- When you receive a text that compares you with their spouse
Words carry power. Please choose the words you text to anyone of the opposite sex wisely.
You probably don’t intend to cross boundaries. No one does. Inappropriate relationships can start with a text message and left unevaluated lead to a place that brings all kinds of hurt and brokenness.
Will you check your texts?